Friday, January 20, 2017

Back Home and It's Nice to Be Home...

Yes, I've returned home from my travels and I'm raring to get back to writing!

Over the weeks on the road, I kept notes of what might make a 'good story.' There were dozens of ideas floating around in my head. Worried I wouldn't remember a great idea that struck at an odd time, I remembered something I'd heard Stephen King say.

He said something like, he never had a problem thinking of ideas, he had dozens every day, and didn't worry about not remembering a good one. He said the really good ones won't go away. They'll keep coming back and coming back until you write them down.

That was a reassuring note to remember, but I'm not Stephen King and I pretty much have a notebook full of scraps of ideas. Funny enough, he was right about the ones that end up being the ideas that start forming a story are the ones that just keep coming back.

And, the people you meet along the trail are a wonderful source of characters, from heroines to villains. It's all a learning process, isn't it?

Maybe we're not meant to be looking year after year for that 'one thing' that we're meant to do. But, what we're meant to be doing changes with us. As we change, what we need to be doing changes as well. Just a thought...

So right now, the paints and clay are being packed away and I'm working on three different stories. That might seem excessive, but it seems to be the way that works for me.

Hopefully, I'll have something completed by the end of summer. Well, that's what I'm pushing for anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment