Monday, June 13, 2016

Day 13 - 2016 Trip from OK to NW

Blaine, WA Birch Bay RV Park - June 13, 2016

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, #1 SON ! ;)

UPDATE ON MY JOURNEY TO THE NW: Yesterday I ventured into the small town of Blaine. I have to admit, it was a little more emotionally difficult than I'd anticipated leaving the safe, comfortable nest I'd constructed.

Although I'm not the dependent type, going out totally on my own with no one I know within hundreds of miles isn't something I'm that used to. But that's one of several reasons I'm on this little journey, I think. Maybe I need to prove to myself that I can.

After filling my almost 3/4 empty tank with diesel and buying a gallon of windshield washer fluid from the store inside (the flashing message on my dash kept telling me I was nearly out), I drove the 5 miles to Blaine.

I found a Thai cafe just as I got into town. It had a great view of the bay and several dozen sail boats docked at the pier on the water. There weren't very many customers and I sat at a big window facing the water.

The food was Great!






Outside the street ran adjacent to the coastline and was lined with colorful restaurants and souvenir shops. I left Gypsy parked and walked.

Second stop was the Visitors Center that was linked to a coffee shop. I met the most amazing woman named Ari working the front desk.

She was a fascinating person full of stories of past travels all over the world and fairly crackled with positive, warm energy. Soon we were talking like old friends.

I'm so thankful when I'm fortunate enough to come across a person like Ari. Any feelings of being alone or a little frightened or anxious because I was, just vanished.
Talking with her for the hour or so we visited made me feel like I'd been hugged by an old friend ☺️.

Uncanny how that happens 😳😆🙏🏼 just when you really need it. I left the Center happy and much more confident.

The town had a very comfortable, relaxed feel and I took my time looking over the colorful storefronts, watching people shopping or sitting at sidewalk tables. I moved in and out among them as they talked, ate and laughed and felt at home.

It was beautiful weather in the low 70s. I strolled up and down the sidewalks for an hour or two before climbing back into Gypsy and let her direct me back to the little park in the woods 😊.












 

No comments:

Post a Comment